- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Traditional Potato Halwa Recipe Video
|Potato||1 Cup (16 tbs), grated|
|Coconut||1 Cup (16 tbs), grated|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Cashew nuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cardamom powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Yellow color||1 Pinch|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 473 Calories from Fat 240
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g43.1%
Saturated Fat 16.2 g81.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 40.2 mg
Sodium 8.8 mg0.4%
Total Carbohydrates 55 g18.5%
Dietary Fiber 3.8 g15.1%
Sugars 40.2 g
Protein 4 g8.9%
Vitamin A 0.02% Vitamin C 18%
Calcium 2.5% Iron 8.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Steam cook the potatoes and peel the outer portion.
2. Grate the potatoes. Keep aside.
3. Take a pan and pour some water into it.
4. Add sugar and little color. Mix it properly.
5. When the sugar has melted, you can add grated potatoes and coconut.
6. Stir continuously and add cardamom powder.
7. Mix ghee and cook for 5-8 minutes.
8. When the dough is getting dry, you can transfer the halwa in a bowl.
9. Sprinkle cashews on the top.