- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Potato Goulash Recipe
|Onions||8 Ounce, thinly sliced|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Potatoes||2 Pound, peeled and cut in 1/2-inch thick slices|
|Paprika||1 Tablespoon (Leveled)|
|Salt||2 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Flour||1 Tablespoon (Leveled)|
|Caraway seeds||2 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Sour cream/Tinned cream mixed with 2 teaspoons vinegar||1⁄4 Pint|
|Chives/Spring onions||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Hard boiled eggs||2 , sliced|
Calories 980 Calories from Fat 508
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 58 g88.6%
Saturated Fat 25.6 g127.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 333.9 mg
Sodium 1318.8 mg55%
Total Carbohydrates 105 g35.1%
Dietary Fiber 15.2 g61%
Sugars 11.8 g
Protein 21 g42.3%
Vitamin A 87.5% Vitamin C 178.1%
Calcium 22% Iron 36.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a large 2-3 pint sized saucepan, over low heat, heat oil and butter or margarine and sauté onions in it until golden.
2) Stir in potatoes and paprika and then pour in water.
3) Season with salt and cook, covered for 20 minutes slowly until potatoes are just tender.
4) Blend flour with 3-4 tablespoons water.
5) Add the flour mixture with caraway seeds to the cooked potato mixture, mixing well.
6) Take off the mixture from heat after cooking again for a minute or two until it thickens and then pour in sour cream.
7) In a casserole, arrange the mixture and garnish with chives or onion and egg.
8) Serve along with a cabbage salad and team up with a glass of milk, milk in a jelly, ice-cream or fruit with custard.