- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Potato Gnocchi with Butter and Parmesan Recipe
|Russet potatoes||3 Medium, scrubbed|
|All-purpose flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), unbleached|
|Unbleached all purpose flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Parmesan||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Plus Additional For Sprinkling Grated)|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon, unsalted|
|Unsalted butter||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 299 Calories from Fat 105
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.3%
Saturated Fat 6.5 g32.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 70.9 mg
Sodium 456.7 mg19%
Total Carbohydrates 39 g12.8%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.4%
Sugars 0.9 g
Protein 10 g19.9%
Vitamin A 5.8% Vitamin C 10.5%
Calcium 17.3% Iron 12.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large pot cover the potatoes with cold water, bring to a boil and cook until the potatoes are very tender, approximately 30 minutes.
2. Drain the potatoes, let them cool and once cool slip off their skins.
3. Mash their flesh until it is smooth or pass it through a food mill and transfer to a large mixing bowl.
4. Mix in the flour, olive oil, egg yolk, the 1/2 cup of Parmesan, salt, and pepper to form dough.
5. Onto a lightly floured work surface turn the dough, knead the dough for 3 minutes and form it into a ball.
6. Slice a 3-inch piece of dough from the ball and on a lightly floured surface, roll into a long cylinder approximately the width of your thumb.
7. Cut the cylinder crosswise into 3/4-inch pieces and on a lightly floured plate set the pieces aside.
8. With the remaining dough repeat the procedure.
9. Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the gnocchi until they float to the surface, for approximately 3 minutes.
10. Draining the gnocchi, toss them with the butter and sprinkle them with the additional Parmesan.
11. Serve hot.