- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Potato Frittata Sandwiches With Roasted Red Peppers Recipe
|Red bell peppers||4 Large|
|Heavy cream||2 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Baking potatoes||12 Ounce, peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick (2 Medium Sized)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Medium, thinly sliced|
|Garlic olive mayonnaise||4 Tablespoon|
|Bread slices||8 Large, lightly toasted (Portuguese Bread / Round Peasant Bread)|
Calories 856 Calories from Fat 478
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 52 g80.7%
Saturated Fat 7.9 g39.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 338.2 mg112.7%
Sodium 824 mg34.3%
Total Carbohydrates 73 g24.4%
Dietary Fiber 7.1 g28.4%
Sugars 9.3 g
Protein 21 g42%
Vitamin A 88.7% Vitamin C 283.6%
Calcium 14.6% Iron 30.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. In a medium bowl, combine the eggs with the cream, salt and black pepper. Beat lightly until blended.
3. In a medium saucepan, cook the potatoes in boiling water over moderately high heat until tender, about 10 minutes; drain well.
4. Preheat the oven to 400°. In a large ovenproof skillet, heat 1/4 cup of the olive oil over moderate heat. Add the onion, reduce the heat to low and cook until it is softened and golden, about 12 minutes.
5. Increase the heat to high and add the remaining 1/4 cup olive oil. Stir in the potatoes. Add the beaten eggs and tilt the pan to evenly distribute.
6. Transfer to the oven and bake the frittata until firm to the touch, about 12 minutes. Return the skillet to high heat for about 30 seconds, shaking to loosen the frittata. Slide onto a very large plate or cutting board and let cool slightly. Cut the frittata into 4 lengthwise strips, then halve the strips crosswise.
7. Spread a tablespoon or two of the Garlic-Olive Mayonnaise on 4 of the toast slices. Top the remaining toast with the frittata slices and the roasted pepper strips and put the sandwiches together. Serve the sandwiches warm or at room temperature.