- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Potato Frittata Recipe Video
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Boiled potato||1 Medium, diced into small pieces|
|Onion||1⁄2 Medium, diced into small pieces|
|Bell peppers||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), diced|
|Zucchini||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), diced|
|Garlic cloves||3 Medium, sliced thin|
|Green chilies||2 Medium, minced|
|Hot chilies||2 Tablespoon, soaked in oil (Soaked In 1 Tbsp Of Oil)|
|Cumin seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cracked black pepper||1 Teaspoon (Fresh)|
|Fresh cilantro||5 Medium, chopped (Stems With Leaves)|
|Fresh lime||1⁄2 Medium|
Calories 232 Calories from Fat 129
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g22.3%
Saturated Fat 4.7 g23.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 378.7 mg
Sodium 212.3 mg8.8%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.6%
Dietary Fiber 2.6 g10.6%
Sugars 2.6 g
Protein 13 g26.7%
Vitamin A 17.1% Vitamin C 77.5%
Calcium 9.1% Iron 28.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Add oil and butter to a large skillet over medium heat.
2. Add potatoes and onions, and fry until they start to brown.
3. Add half the salt and black pepper, all the cumin seeds and chilies and all the garlic, peppers and zucchini.
4. Continue to fry this mixture over medium heat for 4 minutes.
5. Beat the eggs well, adding remaining salt, black pepper and the fresh cilantro.
6. Add to the spicy potato mixture, stirring egg around to help it cook.
7. Lower heat to medium low and continue to cook frittata for 4-5 minutes or until it sets, with just a little bit of runniness on the top of the frittata.
8. Pre-heat broiler and put skillet under the broiler (if the pan is oven friendly, you can put the whole thing in, otherwise – leave the handle out of the oven, with the oven door open).
9. Broil until top of frittata is fully cooked through, typically for 20-60 seconds depending on how runny it was when they went in.
10. Let Frittata cool for about 5 minutes.
11. Invert onto a platter and cut into wedges.
12. Sprinkle fresh lime juice over it and serve warm, at room temperature or even cold!