- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Potato Curry Recipe
|Potatoes||2 Pound, cut into 1/2-inch cubes|
|Peas||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Large, diced|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), minced|
|Ginger root||1 Tablespoon, peeled and minced|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Ground coriander||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground cumin||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Red pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Non fat yogurt||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Fresh coriander||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), minced|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 390 Calories from Fat 80
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g14%
Saturated Fat 1.3 g6.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1.1 mg
Sodium 68.3 mg2.8%
Total Carbohydrates 69 g23.1%
Dietary Fiber 12 g48%
Sugars 13.9 g
Protein 14 g27%
Vitamin A 13.1% Vitamin C 144.8%
Calcium 21.8% Iron 24.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Steam the potatoes for 5 minutes.
2) Arrange the peas in a steamer basket and steam for another 5 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
3) Remove and set aside until needed.
4) In a skillet, heat oil and sautÃ© onions, garlic and ginger until wilted.
5) Add the ground coriander, cumin, turmeric and red pepper.
6) Cook, stirring for 2 minutes.
7) Reduce to simmer and add the potatoes and peas, toss well.
8) Cover and heat through.
9) Remove from the heat and gently fold in the yogurt.
10) Serve hot, sprinkled with the fresh coriander and lemon juice.