- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Potato Croquettes Recipe Video
|Red potatoes with skin||1 Kilogram, boil|
|Parmesan cheese||100 Gram, grated|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Eggs||2 Medium, beaten|
|Breadcrumbs||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||300 Milliliter|
Calories 421 Calories from Fat 307
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 35 g53.4%
Saturated Fat 6.2 g31.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 81 mg27%
Sodium 273.3 mg11.4%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g7.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g7.7%
Sugars 1.6 g
Protein 8 g15.5%
Vitamin A 2.7% Vitamin C 14.3%
Calcium 15.1% Iron 7.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Wash the potatoes: leave them whole and with the skin on. Then boil them in a pressure cooker for at least 20 minutes, or adding some salt cook them normally for at least 40 minutes.
2. When the potatoes are cooked, allow them to cool a bit, and then remove the skin.
3. Pass them through a potato masher and collect the resulting puree in a bowl.
4. Add the 2 yolks, parmesan cheese, pepper, salt and some grated nutmeg. If you find the mixture a bit dry, you can add some of the remaining egg whites.
5. After blending the mixture, take a small amount around 1 oz (35 g), and form into a cylinder.
6. Now dip into beaten egg and coat with breadcrumbs. Follow same steps with all the remaining croquettes.
7. Heat the oil to 350°F and dip 3-4 croquettes at a time in the oil; let them turn golden brown, and then drain on kitchen paper. If you like them crunchier, bread the croquettes twice.
8. Serve the croquettes hot along with any dipping sauce of your choice.