- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Potato Croquettes Recipe
|Potatoes||1 1⁄2 Pound, boiled , peeled and mashed or 1 packet instant potato, made up|
|Evaporated milk/1/4 pint milk||4 Tablespoon|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Hot water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Breadcrumbs/Rolled oats||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Frying)|
|Chopped chives/Spring onions/ little cress||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 1263 Calories from Fat 1089
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 123 g189.5%
Saturated Fat 19.7 g98.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 72.5 mg
Sodium 219.5 mg9.1%
Total Carbohydrates 39 g12.9%
Dietary Fiber 4.1 g16.4%
Sugars 3.5 g
Protein 7 g14.1%
Vitamin A 8.8% Vitamin C 60%
Calcium 8.9% Iron 11.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a saucepan, mix potatoes with fat, milk, seasonings and egg, mashing potatoes well.
2) With a wooden spoon, beat the mixture well and make a smooth but a stiff mixture by pouring required water.
3) Let cool and divide the mixture into 8 portions.
4) Coat each portion with breadcrumbs or oatmeal and shape to a flat oblong shape, having 1/2 inch thickness.
5) Lightly brown the croquettes in hot oil on both sides and drain the excess oil.
6) Pour over any sauce and serve hot, garnishing with chives, onions or cress.