- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Potato Comfit Soup Recipe
|Potatoes||6 Cup (96 tbs), peeled, cubed|
|Onions||2 Cup (32 tbs), chopped|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Carrots||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Water||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Dried parsley||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 567 Calories from Fat 188
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32.8%
Saturated Fat 12.2 g60.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 155.3 mg
Sodium 1132.4 mg47.2%
Total Carbohydrates 86 g28.5%
Dietary Fiber 11.6 g46.3%
Sugars 14.4 g
Protein 16 g32.7%
Vitamin A 129.7% Vitamin C 139.6%
Calcium 27.9% Iron 40.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a slow cooker, combine together the vegetables, water, 1/4 cup butter, salt and pepper.
2) Cover the cooker and cook over high heat for 7 to 8 hours or till the vegetables are soft.
3) Add the milk and stir well.
4) To make the drop noodles, beat the eggs in a small bowl and add just enough flour to make a very soft batter which is almost runny.
5) Into the hot soup in the cooker, dribble spoonfuls of the batter. To make the task easier, use two spoons, one to dip up the noodles and the other to push them into the cooker. Ensure that the noodles are not bid clumps. However, they need to be bid enough to hold together.
6) Cover the cooker and cook over low heat for about 60 minutes more.
7) Serve hot after adding parsley and a block of butter or margarine to each serving.