- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Potato Chip Chicken Schnitzel Recipe Video
|Eggs||5 Large, beaten|
|Black pepper||1 Teaspoon, freshly ground|
|Potato chips||1 Cup (16 tbs), crushed|
|Chicken breasts||2 Medium, thinly sliced|
|Canola oil||1 Cup (16 tbs) ((for frying))|
Calories 505 Calories from Fat 386
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 44 g67.2%
Saturated Fat 6.6 g33.2%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 132.2 mg44.1%
Sodium 201.5 mg8.4%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.2%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g5.9%
Sugars 0.4 g
Protein 15 g29.5%
Vitamin A 3.1% Vitamin C 9.5%
Calcium 2.6% Iron 6.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Prepare 2 baking sheets. Line only one with paper towels.
2. Places eggs in a shallow bowl, season with pepper.
3. Fill a second shallow bowl with crushed potato chips.
4. Working with one cutlet at a time in assembly line fashion, submerge the chicken in the beaten eggs to coat thoroughly. Then cover with potato chips pressing gently to coat both sides.
5. Place on baking sheet without the paper towels.
6. Repeat with remaining chicken.
7. In a large saute pan, heat 1/4 to 1/2 inch of oil over medium high heat.
8. Once oil is shimmering and hot fry chicken 2 to 3 minutes per side. For crispy chicken do not overcrowd the pan. Transfer to drain on the paper towel lined baking sheet.
9. Repeat with remaining chicken.
10. Serve warm with honey mustard.