- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Potato Cheese Casserole Recipe Video
|Ham||120 Gram, dice|
|Provolone cheese||100 Gram, dice|
|Nutmeg||To Taste, grated|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Parmesan cheese||80 Gram, grated|
Calories 280 Calories from Fat 112
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g19.5%
Saturated Fat 7.3 g36.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 87.6 mg29.2%
Sodium 445.5 mg18.6%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.6%
Dietary Fiber 2.9 g11.5%
Sugars 1.5 g
Protein 17 g34.1%
Vitamin A 7.1% Vitamin C 41.1%
Calcium 30.6% Iron 9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Boil the potatoes with skin on, in salted water for 30 minutes.
2. In the meantime dice the mozzarella and drain the excess water by placing it in the colander, chop the ham and dice the provolone cheese.
3. Once the potatoes are cooked remove the skin and mash the potatoes with a potato masher.
4. In a large owl combine ½ cup of the grated Parmesan cheese, eggs, provolone cheese, ham, mozzarella and finally salt and pepper to taste.
5. Preheat the oven at 390°F (220°C).
6. Grease an oven dish with butter and sprinkle with breadcrumbs. Spreads the mixture evenly, sprinkle the remaining parmesan cheese, about ¼ cup also add small knobs of butter over the top.
7. Bake for 40 minutes; during the last 5 minutes turn the grill on, to form a nice golden brown crust. Once done allow it to rest for 10 minutes.
8. Serve the Potato Cheese Casserole along with roasted chicken.
If you prefer, you can use another kind of non-smoked kneaded-paste cheese.