- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Potato Cheese Casserole Recipe
|Onions||2 Medium, chopped|
|Celery stalks||4 , chopped|
|Green pepper||1 , chopped|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dry mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Grated sharp cheddar cheese||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Diced cooked potatoes||8 Cup (128 tbs) (12 Potatoes)|
|Buttered bread crumbs||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 420 Calories from Fat 162
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g28.3%
Saturated Fat 11.3 g56.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 48.2 mg
Sodium 451.8 mg18.8%
Total Carbohydrates 56 g18.6%
Dietary Fiber 9.2 g36.8%
Sugars 8.2 g
Protein 11 g22.4%
Vitamin A 15.3% Vitamin C 61.4%
Calcium 21.6% Iron 73.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
2) In a skillet, saute the onion, celery and green pepper in butter until tender.
Alternately, cook in the microwave on HIGH for 2-3 minutes.
3) Blend in the flour and seasonings to taste.
4) Gradually stir in the milk, stir continuously and cook until smooth and thick . Alternately, cook in the microwave on MEDIUM for 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
5) Stir in the cheese until melted.
6) Mix the sauce with the potatoes and spoon the mixture into a greased 3-quart baking dish.
7) Sprinkle evenly with the crumbs, cover and bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, until lightly browned. Alternately, cook in the microwave on MEDIUM for 10-12 minutes.
8) Serve immediately in a nice plate.