- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Potato Cakes And Bacon Recipe
|Milk and water||1⁄3 Pint, mixed (1 Teacupful)|
|Instant potatoes||2 Ounce (Powder)|
|Grated cheese||4 Ounce|
|Butter/Margarine||2 Ounce (For Frying)|
Calories 695 Calories from Fat 424
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 48 g73.9%
Saturated Fat 27.6 g138.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 192.8 mg
Sodium 1158.7 mg48.3%
Total Carbohydrates 29 g9.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.4%
Sugars 5.2 g
Protein 37 g74.5%
Vitamin A 21.1% Vitamin C 1.3%
Calcium 76.6% Iron 7.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a saucepan, mix milk, water and butter together. Bring the mixture to boil.
2. Remove the pan from heat and add instant potato powder. Keep stirring continuously to get a thick and smooth mixture.
3. Beat in eggs with lots of seasoning prepared by salt, pepper and cheese. Mix properly.
4. Put flour in your hands and make six equal size patties with the mixture.
5. Heat butter or margarine and fry the patties until brown from all sides.
6. In a pan, add trimmed bacon rashers and potato cakes. Fry and serve them together in a serving dish.