- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Potato Cakes Recipe
|Potatoes||2 Pound (1 Kilogram)|
|Onions||4 Ounce, chopped (125 Gram)|
|Chopped fresh parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Chopped fresh chives||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Freshly grated nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1828 Calories from Fat 943
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 107 g163.9%
Saturated Fat 16.9 g84.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 634.4 mg
Sodium 675 mg28.1%
Total Carbohydrates 193 g64.5%
Dietary Fiber 23.1 g92.5%
Sugars 13.6 g
Protein 41 g81.7%
Vitamin A 40.3% Vitamin C 347.8%
Calcium 24.9% Iron 65.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a grater or food processor, coarsely grate the potatoes, remove in a sieve and place under cold running water, then drain well.
2) In a bowl, mix the grated potatoes and eggs together.
3) Stir in the flour, parsley, chives, onions and garlic. Sprinkle with the grated nutmeg, salt and pepper, mix thoroughly.
4) Equally divide the potato mixture and mold them into small cakes with a spoon.
5) In a frying pan, add the potato cakes in the heated oil, fry once until evenly crisp and golden brown, turning once.
6) Serve immediately in a nice plate.