- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Potato Buns Or Doughnuts Recipe
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Clear honey||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dry yeast||1 Teaspoon|
|Warm water||3 Tablespoon|
|Mashed potato||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|All purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sifted|
|Softened butter||1 Tablespoon (For Brushing)|
|Brown sugar||1 Tablespoon (For Brushing)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1933 Calories from Fat 726
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 82 g126.9%
Saturated Fat 50 g250.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 416.3 mg
Sodium 1204.5 mg50.2%
Total Carbohydrates 288 g96%
Dietary Fiber 12.9 g51.5%
Sugars 144.7 g
Protein 29 g58.7%
Vitamin A 52.2% Vitamin C 75.1%
Calcium 19.9% Iron 29.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Add butter, honey and salt. Stir to melt butter and honey, then cool to lukewarm.
3. Stir yeast into warm water, and leave until frothy.
4. Add to milk mixture.
5. Combine mashed potato and egg. Stir into milk mixture.
6. Add flour, and work in with a spoon, then with your hands.
7. Blend in potato, egg and flour evenly and thoroughly.
8. Place dough in a well-oiled plastic bag with room to spare. Leave in a warm place until well risen (about 1 hour).
9. On a floured surface knead for 5 to 8 minutes, until dough is smooth and elastic.
10. Roll to 1/2-inch thickness.
11. Cut into 3-inch rings, using a doughnut cutter.
12. Place well apart on greased cookie sheets, and rise again in a warm place, 30 to 40 minutes.
13. While rising, heat oven to 425°F.
14. Bake buns 10 to 12 minutes until browned. Brush with butter and sprinkle with sugar while hot.