- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Potato Bread In The Bread Machine Recipe Video
|Water||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Instant potato flakes||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Betty Crocker Home Style)|
|Dry milk powder||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon, cubed|
|Fast rising yeast||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 209 Calories from Fat 26
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g4.5%
Saturated Fat 1.6 g8.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 6.9 mg2.3%
Sodium 368.2 mg15.3%
Total Carbohydrates 40 g13.2%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.2%
Sugars 3.2 g
Protein 5 g10.3%
Vitamin A 1.5% Vitamin C 0.13%
Calcium 1.5% Iron 12.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In the bread maker, add the ingredients in the following order (or as suggested in the bread maker manual), water, all purpose flour, instant potato flakes, dry milk powder, sugar and salt.
2. Using a spatula move the flour to the corners of the bread maker and add the pieces of butter in the 4 corners of the maker. Add the fast rise yeast in the middle of the bread maker.
3. Put the machine on the basic rapid setting, and bake the bread for 3 hours and 40 minutes or as per the bread maker manual.
4. Once done, remove the 1 and 1/2 pound loaf from the bread maker and let it cool down on the rack for 15 minutes before slicing it.
5. Slice the potato bread into desired pieces and serve with a bowl of hot soup.