- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Potato Boats Baked and Broiled Recipe
|Baking potatoes||3 Large|
|Corn oil||1 Tablespoon (As Desired)|
|Onion||1 Large, thinly sliced|
|Unsalted butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Low sodium low fat milk||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|White pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Onion powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Liquid smoke||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Liquid smoke seasoning||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Parmesan cheese||1 Tablespoon, grated|
|Paprika||To Taste (As Desired, For Garnish)|
Calories 215 Calories from Fat 67
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g11.7%
Saturated Fat 3.3 g16.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 12.5 mg
Sodium 58.2 mg2.4%
Total Carbohydrates 33 g11.1%
Dietary Fiber 3 g11.9%
Sugars 4 g
Protein 5 g10.5%
Vitamin A 4.5% Vitamin C 21%
Calcium 6.5% Iron 8.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2) Scrub the potatoes thoroughly to clean the skin. The skin should be clean enough to eat.
3) Then, with corn oil, rub the outside of each potato.
4) Cut each potato into half, lengthwise.
5) Between the 6 potato halves, evenly divide the onion slices.
6) Bring the potatoes back together with the onions in between, and with aluminum foil, wrap tightly.
7) In the center of a baking dish or a cookie sheet, place the potatoes and bake in the oven for 1 hour.
8) From the oven, remove the potatoes and unwrap.
9) From the potatoes, remove the onions.
10) In a large mixing bowl, put the removed onions.
11) From each potato half, gently scoop out the cooked potato. Do not tear the skin. Reserve the potato skin to use as boats, for serving.
12) To the onions in the bowl, add the cooked potato.
13) To this, add the butter or margarine.
14) In a bowl, combine the milk, white pepper, onion powder and liquid smoke. Mix well.
15) To the onion-potato mixture, add this.
16) With an electric mixer or a whisk, whip the potato mixture until it is blended well and is smooth.
17) Into the 6 boats (the reserved skin), divide the potato mixture evenly.
18) On top of each serving, sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon of Parmesan cheese.
19) Garnish with a little paprika.
20) Finally, place the potatoes under the broiler until they turn light brown.
21) Serve hot with rice or crusty bread, according to your choice.