- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Potato Bacon Chowder Recipe
|Bacon||8 Ounce, chopped (250 Grams)|
|Butter||1 Ounce (30 Grams)|
|Onions||2 Large, chopped|
|Celery stalk||4 , chopped|
|Dried thyme||2 Teaspoon|
|Plain flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Chicken stock||1 1⁄2 Liter (6 Cups)|
|Potatoes||2 Large, peeled and cubed|
|Sour cream||10 Ounce (300 Grams)|
|Fresh parsley||3 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Fresh chives||2 Tablespoon, snipped|
Calories 627 Calories from Fat 281
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g49.3%
Saturated Fat 15.7 g78.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 78.3 mg
Sodium 928.8 mg38.7%
Total Carbohydrates 68 g22.6%
Dietary Fiber 8.2 g33%
Sugars 17.2 g
Protein 21 g42.5%
Vitamin A 43% Vitamin C 107%
Calcium 23.1% Iron 35.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large cook bacon, heavy-based saucepan over a medium heat for 5 minutes until golden and crisp, remove from pan and drain on absorbent kitchen paper.
2. In the empty pan melt butter and cook onions, celery and thyme over a low heat for 4-5 minutes or until onion is soft.
3. To the pan return bacon, then stir in flour and cook for 1 minute.
4. Removing pan from heat, gradually blend in stock, tiring to the boil, then reduce heat, add potatoes and cook for 10 minutes until potatoes are tender.
5. Remove pan from heat, stir in sour cream and parsley, return to heat and cook without boiling, stirring constantly, for 1-2 minutes.
6. Into bowls ladle the soup, sprinkle with chives and serve immediately.