- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Potato and Egg Medley Recipe
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Potatoes/Yukon gold potatoes||2 Medium, cubed (Yellow Fin)|
|Skim milk||1 Tablespoon|
|Scallions||4 , trimmed, white and green parts separated, and thinly sliced|
|Tomato||1 Medium, diced|
|Goat cheese||3 Ounce|
Calories 276 Calories from Fat 143
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.4%
Saturated Fat 6.4 g32.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 128.1 mg
Sodium 266.9 mg11.1%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.4%
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g10.7%
Sugars 2.9 g
Protein 15 g30.4%
Vitamin A 18% Vitamin C 39.7%
Calcium 23.4% Iron 10.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a bowl, beat the eggs and egg whites well.
2) To this, stir in the milk. Keep the mixture aside.
3) In a nonstick skillet or omelet pan, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil, over high heat.
4) Add the potatoes.
5) Saute 10 minutes, tossing often, until the potatoes turn soft and slightly golden.
6) After the potatoes are cooked well, add the white part of the scallions to them.
7) Toss the ingredients well and saute for 2 minutes.
8) Now, add the green part of the scallions and the tomato.
9) Toss and saute for 1 minute. Remove the mixture from the pan, and keep aside.
10) In the skillet, heat the remaining olive oil, over medium heat.
11) When hot, add the egg mixture.
12) Let the eggs set for 45 seconds.
13) Now, add the potato mixture, and stir the ingredients.
14) Let the eggs cook for 30 more seconds.
15) Stir again, and allow the eggs to set for 15 seconds.
16) Remove the eggs from the heat. Add the goat cheese and stir.
17) Season the eggs with the salt and pepper and serve hot.