- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Potato And Carrot Layer Pie Recipe
|Potatoes||2 Pound (1 Kilogram)|
|Onions||12 Ounce (350 Gram)|
|Butter/Margarine||3 Ounce (75 Gram)|
|Carrots||12 Ounce (350 Gram)|
|Dried sage||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Plain flour||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Milk||1⁄4 Pint (150 Milliliter)|
Calories 342 Calories from Fat 140
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.4%
Saturated Fat 8.8 g44%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 173.5 mg
Sodium 106.8 mg4.4%
Total Carbohydrates 44 g14.6%
Dietary Fiber 6.1 g24.3%
Sugars 7.6 g
Protein 9 g18.9%
Vitamin A 200.5% Vitamin C 62.3%
Calcium 9.7% Iron 12%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Peel the potatoes, cut into even sizes, cover with cold salted water, bring to the boil and cook for 10 minutes.
3. Prepare and slice onions.
4. Melt 50 g/2 oz of the butter or margarine, add the onions and cook without browning for 10 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, peel and finely slice the carrots. Add them to the onion with 3 tablespoons water and cook gently for 10 minutes.
6. Stir in the sage and seasoning.
7. Add the flour and cook for 2 minutes; then gradually stir in the milk and cook until thickened, about 3 minutes.
8. Slice the potatoes and arrange half in the base of a flameproof dish.
9. Slice the eggs and arrange over the potato.
10. Cover this with the onion and carrot mixture.
11. Arrange the remaining sliced potatoes neatly over the surface.
12. Melt the remaining butter or margarine and use to brush over the potatoes.
13. Place the dish under a moderate grill to heat through and lightly brown the potatoes.