- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Potage Printanier Recipe
|Leeks||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Small onion||1 , chopped|
|Hot water||1 1⁄2 Quart|
|Potatoes||2 , quartered and thinly sliced (Pared)|
|Carrots||2 Medium, thinly sliced (Pared)|
|White rice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Asparagus||8 , cut into 1/2 inch cubes (Fresh Or Frozen)|
|Spinach||1⁄2 Pound, washed and chopped|
|Light cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 269 Calories from Fat 147
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g25.8%
Saturated Fat 10.4 g51.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 55.2 mg
Sodium 725.3 mg30.2%
Total Carbohydrates 27 g9.1%
Dietary Fiber 4 g15.9%
Sugars 3.1 g
Protein 5 g10%
Vitamin A 158.8% Vitamin C 48%
Calcium 10.7% Iron 14.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a 3-quart kettle melt butter add leeks and onion and cook over low heat, covered for about 5 minutes.
2. Add hot water, potato, carrot and salt and bring to boiling.
3. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, 15 minutes.
4. Add rice and asparagus and simmer, covered, 25 minutes.
5. Add spinach and simmer 10 minutes longer.
6. Stir in cream and bring just to boiling.
7. Serve the soup with garnish as desired.
To get enhanced flavor refrigerate soup covered, overnight and reheat at serving time.