- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Potage Crecy Recipe
|Carrots||4 Medium, thinly sliced|
|Onion||1 Medium, thinly sliced|
|Beef consomme||1 Quart|
|Pasta rings||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Catelli)|
Calories 168 Calories from Fat 57
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.9%
Saturated Fat 3.9 g19.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 16.1 mg
Sodium 145 mg6%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.4%
Dietary Fiber 2.6 g10.4%
Sugars 5.1 g
Protein 12 g24%
Vitamin A 207.6% Vitamin C 12.4%
Calcium 3.4% Iron 1.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a large saucepan, heat butter and sauté carrots and onion in it for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
2) Mix in consommé and allow the mixture to come to a boil.
3) Simmer it for 15 minutes and then strain by passing the vegetables through sieve.
4) Stir in rings and the cook the mixture for 8 minutes more.
5) Adjust seasonings and serve hot at once after garnishing with croutons.