- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pot Roasted Chicken Garnie Recipe
|Roasting chicken||4 1⁄2 Pound, cleaned (1 Piece)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chicken giblets||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Boiling onions||8 Small|
|Canned pitted california ripe olives||1 Cup (16 tbs), drained|
|Cornstarch||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|White table wine/Water||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Chicken bouillon cube||1|
Calories 431 Calories from Fat 239
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g41.2%
Saturated Fat 8.8 g44.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 122.9 mg
Sodium 421.1 mg17.5%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g7.1%
Dietary Fiber 2.9 g11.5%
Sugars 3.7 g
Protein 25 g50.9%
Vitamin A 104.1% Vitamin C 28.3%
Calcium 3.4% Iron 13%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Season body and neck cavities of chicken with salt and pepper.
2) Hook wing tips onto back and tie chicken.
3) Cut giblets.
4) Skin and chop onion.
5) Grate carrots and then skin boiling onions and potatoes and keep them aside.
6) Soften potatoes in boiling salted water and drain well, when done.
7) In a Dutch oven or heavy saucepan, melt 1/4 cup butter and slowly brown chicken in it, tossing carefully.
8) Take off the chicken from pan and stir in giblets and chopped onion.
9) Top the giblet-onion mixture with chicken and then simmer the mixture, covered for 30 minutes.
10) Remove the lid and mix in carrots, boiling onions and olives.
11) Cook, covered for 30 minutes more until vegetables are soft.
12) In the meantime, in a saucepan, melt remaining butter and brown potatoes slowly in it, tossing often.
13) To a heated serving dish, transfer the cooked chicken, carrots, onions and olives and then add in potatoes, collecting the liquid from chicken in saucepan.
14) Make a smooth paste by blending together cornstarch and water.
15) Pour wine, chicken bouillon cube and cornstarch paste to the chicken liquid and thicken the sauce by stir cooking.
16) Serve the chicken and vegetables hot with the sauce poured over.