- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pot Roast with Vegetables Recipe
|Boneless pot roast||4 Pound (1 In Number)|
|Vegetable oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Dry white wine||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Fresh parsley sprigs||5 Large|
|Dried thyme leaves||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Carrots||12 Small, peeled|
|Potatoes||12 Small, peeled around middle|
|Onions||12 Small, peeled|
|Frozen whole green beans||10 Ounce (1 Package)|
|All purpose flour||6 Tablespoon (1/4 Cup Plus 2 Tablespoon)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4795 Calories from Fat 793
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 89 g137.5%
Saturated Fat 17.1 g85.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 63.9 mg
Sodium 6937.8 mg289.1%
Total Carbohydrates 800 g266.5%
Dietary Fiber 110 g440.1%
Sugars 133.9 g
Protein 184 g368.4%
Vitamin A 2406.1% Vitamin C 932.7%
Calcium 119.6% Iron 279.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a large Dutch oven add oil and brown roast on all sides.
2) Sprinkle salt and pepper on top.
3) Add to it wine and 1 cup water and boil. Take off from heat.
4) In a cheesecloth bag place bay leaf, parsley, and thyme and tie.
5) Keep it in the Dutch oven with beef.
6) Bake covered at 325° for 1 1/2 hours.
7) Stir in carrots and bake covered for 30 minutes.
8) Mix potatoes and onions to it and cook further covered for 1 hour.
9) Remove from oven and keep aside warm.
10) Follow package directions to cook green beans. Strain and keep aside.
11) Place roast and vegetables on a large serving platter.
12) Reserve 2 3/4 cups drippings in Dutch oven.
13) Add green peas on platter beside roast.
14) Mix flour and 1/2 cup water to form a paste.
15) Stir flour mixture into pan drippings and stirring constantly till thick.
16) Serve the gravy with roast.