- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pot Roast Of Pork With Grapes Recipe
|Lean pork loin||4 Pound, skined, boned and rolled|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Unsweetened grape juice||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Juniper berries||8 , crushed|
|Whole cloves||2 , crushed|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Dry white wine||6 Tablespoon|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
|Seedless white grapes||1 Pound (For Garnish:)|
Calories 729 Calories from Fat 365
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 41 g62.7%
Saturated Fat 18.7 g93.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 168.1 mg
Sodium 145.8 mg6.1%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g5%
Dietary Fiber 0.17 g0.7%
Sugars 10.1 g
Protein 57 g113.2%
Vitamin A 1.9% Vitamin C 50.5%
Calcium 1.4% Iron 1.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a small bowl, combine the ingredients for the marinade and stir well to blend.
2. Place the prepared pork roast in a large shallow ceramic or glass dish.
3. Pour the marinade over the meat and turn to coat all sides.
4. Cover dish with plastic wrap and place on bottom shelf of the refrigerator for almost 24 hours, turning the meat occasionally to keep it coated with marinade.
5. When ready to cook pork, preheat oven to 375°F.
6. Drain the pork from marinade and place it in a roasting pan. Reserve marinade for basting.
7. Season the pork with salt and pepper and surround with 2/3 cup cold water.
8. Place in preheated oven and roast the meat for almost 1 3/4 hours, basting it occasionally with reserved marinade, until tender but moist. Use a meat thermometer to check for doneness if you like.
9. Ten minutes before pork is cooked, prepare garnish by melting butter in a large, frying pan
10. Sauté grapes in the butter for 4 to 5 minutes until golden. Remove to a bowl and keep aside.
11. Transfer cooked pork to a heated serving casserole dish.
12. Pour gin into a metal ladle and heat gently on a very low flame.
13. Stand back while quickly pouring the flaming alcohol all over the meat.
14. Skim fat from pan juices in roasting pan and pour into the pan juices that collect around the pork on the serving dish.
15. Keep pork warm in turned-off oven.
16. To make gravy, to the pan juices, add grape juice, wine and reserved marinade.
17. Bring to the boil over high heat, scraping pan to loosen browned bits.
18. Simmer sauce for 2 to 3 minutes until reduced.
19. Blend butter and flour to a smooth paste and add to the sauce, stirring vigorously until blended and simmer for 3 to 4 minutes until thick.
20. Strain sauce into a sauce boat and check seasoning.
21. Coat the pork with the sauce and scatter the grapes over and around it.
22. Stir in remaining grapes into the sauce and serve along with meat in gravy boat.
23. At the table carve the meat with a steak knife into thin slices and serve hot accompanied with potatoes and sautéed vegetables