- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pot Roast Recipe
|Mixed spices||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Stalk celery||1 , diced|
|Onions||2 , sliced|
|Curry powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Beef chuck/Rump||5 Pound|
|Melted butter||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 758 Calories from Fat 488
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 54 g83.3%
Saturated Fat 22.5 g112.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 195.2 mg
Sodium 914 mg38.1%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g3%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.6%
Sugars 3.5 g
Protein 55 g110.8%
Vitamin A 2.4% Vitamin C 4.5%
Calcium 6.2% Iron 28.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large pan, combine water, spices, seasonings, celery, onions, curry powder and blend well.
2. Add the beef to the marinade and allow meat to marinate in the refrigerator for 24 hours, stirring occasionally to keep the meat covered with the marinade.
3. Preheat the oven to 425° F.
4. Drain the meat, reserving the marinade.
5. Place meat in a large casserole, and sear in the oven until it is evenly browned.
6. Pour the reserved marinade over the meat and cover the casserole with its lid.
7. Reduce the oven temperature to 325° F.
8. Return the casserole to the oven and cook meat for 2 to 3 hours until fork tender.
9. Remove the casserole from the oven and transfer the meat to a warmed serving platter and keep warm.
10. Blend the melted butter and the flour together to make a smooth paste.
11. Stir the flour-butter mixture into the liquid in the casserole.
12. Place the casserole on a high flame and heat, stirring continuously until thickened.
13. Strain the gravy into a sauce boat or gravy dish.
14. Pour the gravy over the warm meat and serve accompanied with rice or roast vegetables.