- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pot au Feu Recipe
|Onions||3 Medium, peeled|
|Parsley||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), peeled, chopped|
|Celery||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), sliced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), peeled, chopped|
|Canned beef broth||16 Ounce|
|Boneless beef roast/Rump/pot roast||2 Pound|
|Pork tenderloin/Small pork chops||1 Pound|
|Chicken breasts/Thighs||2 , halved|
|Seasonings||To Taste (As Preferred)|
Calories 479 Calories from Fat 168
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g28.5%
Saturated Fat 7.2 g36.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 155.7 mg
Sodium 720.1 mg30%
Total Carbohydrates 12 g4%
Dietary Fiber 2.8 g11.2%
Sugars 5.1 g
Protein 61 g121.8%
Vitamin A 28.3% Vitamin C 49.3%
Calcium 7.4% Iron 21.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Pierce a clove in each of the 3 onions.
2) In a crock pot, place the clove-studded onions with parsnips, celery, garlic and beef broth.
3) Trim off the excess fat on the beef pork and chicken and place over the vegetables.
4) Sprinkle with the salt, pepper and seasonings to taste.
5) Cover and cook on LOW for 12 to 18 hours or on HIGH for 8 hours.
6) Remove the meat and vegetables from the crock pot and slice the meat into serving size pieces.
7) Skim off the fat from the broth in the crock pot, and discard the clove-studded onions.
8) Place the meats in the center of a serving platter, surround with the vegetables and serve with a bowl of the broth.