- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pot au Feu Recipe
|Onions||3 Medium, peeled|
|Chopped parsley||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Parsley||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), peeled, chopped|
|Celery||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), sliced|
|Sliced celery||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), peeled, chopped|
|Canned beef broth||16 Ounce (2 Cans, 8 Ounce Each)|
|Boneless beef roast/Rump/pot roast||2 Pound|
|Boneless beef rump roast/Boneless beef pot roast||2 Pound|
|Pork tenderloin/Small pork chops||1 Pound|
|Chicken breasts/Chicken thighs||2 , halved|
|Seasonings||To Taste (As Preferred)|
|Seasoning||To Taste (Use As Preferred)|
Calories 753 Calories from Fat 302
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 33 g51.2%
Saturated Fat 13.3 g66.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 229.1 mg
Sodium 1041.7 mg43.4%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.5%
Dietary Fiber 3.5 g14.1%
Sugars 5.7 g
Protein 91 g181.4%
Vitamin A 43.6% Vitamin C 67.5%
Calcium 9.6% Iron 31.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Pierce a clove in each of the 3 onions.
2) In a crock pot, place the clove-studded onions with parsnips, celery, garlic and beef broth.
3) Trim off the excess fat on the beef pork and chicken and place over the vegetables.
4) Sprinkle with the salt, pepper and seasonings to taste.
5) Cover and cook on LOW for 12 to 18 hours or on HIGH for 8 hours.
6) Remove the meat and vegetables from the crock pot and slice the meat into serving size pieces.
7) Skim off the fat from the broth in the crock pot, and discard the clove-studded onions.
8) Place the meats in the center of a serving platter, surround with the vegetables and serve with a bowl of the broth.