- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Post Holiday Split Pea Soup With Leftover Ham Recipe Video
|Onion||1 , peeled and diced|
|Carrots||2 , diced|
|Celery stalks||2 , diced|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Potatoes||2 Large, peeled and diced|
|Split peas||1 Pound (Rinsed Then Sorted And Drained)|
|Chicken broth/Chicken stock||8 Cup (128 tbs)|
|Ham||1 Pound, diced|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2565 Calories from Fat 296
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 33 g51.1%
Saturated Fat 7.4 g37%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 313 mg
Sodium 5733.6 mg238.9%
Total Carbohydrates 424 g141.4%
Dietary Fiber 138.2 g552.7%
Sugars 65.3 g
Protein 241 g482.8%
Vitamin A 417.6% Vitamin C 236.5%
Calcium 29.7% Iron 126.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In the bottom of the crock pot, stir all of the diced vegetables together with 1 tablespoon of olive oil so that the veggies are all lightly coated.
2. Add the split peas and chicken broth or stock to the pot along with the bay leaves and salt and pepper to taste.
3. Stir then add the ham directly into the center of the pot.
4. Cover and cook on high for 6 to 7 hours. Alternately you could cook it on low for 10 to 11 hours.
5. When the soup is finished it won’t look properly thickened yet until it’s been stirred. Remove the bay leaves.
6. Ladle into deep dish plates or large soup bowls.
7. Serve with crusty bread.