- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Posh Fish Pies Recipe
|Maris piper||18 Ounce, chopped (500 Gram, 1 Pound 2 Ounce)|
|Butter||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Double cream||2 1⁄2 Fluid Ounce (75 Milliliter)|
|Grated nutmeg||1 Pinch (Good Grating, Whole)|
|Vermouth cream||14 Fluid Ounce (400 Milliliter)|
|Smoked haddock fillet||8 Ounce, skin removed, cut into 3cm/1 1/4in chunks (200 Gram)|
|Cod fillet||8 Ounce, skin removed, cut into 3cm/1 1/4in chunks (200 Gram, Large Sized)|
|Salmon fillet||8 Ounce, skin removed, cut into 3cm/1 1/4in chunks (200 Gram)|
|Peeled cooked king prawns||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Frozen peas||5 Ounce (140 Gram)|
|Hard-boiled eggs||4 , hardboiled|
|Parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Small Handful Of)|
|Dill||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Small Handful Of)|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , juiced|
Calories 610 Calories from Fat 235
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g40.3%
Saturated Fat 6.7 g33.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 403.4 mg
Sodium 192.3 mg8%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.2%
Dietary Fiber 3.8 g15.2%
Sugars 4.5 g
Protein 50 g100.8%
Vitamin A 36% Vitamin C 30%
Calcium 8.5% Iron 15.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Pre-heat the oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas mark 6.
2) Add the potatoes to a large pan and fill it with water. Simmer the potatoes for 10 to15 mins until they become soft and tender.
3) Drain the water. In the same pan, mash the potatoes with the butter, cream and nutmeg until it becomes smooth.
4) Beat the egg yolks. Add them to the mash and stir with a wooden spoon. Season with salt and pepper.
5) In a medium pan, warm the Vermouth cream. Put in the fish and prawns and bring the ingredients to a boil. Then, take it off straight off the heat.
6) To the fish and prawns in the pan, add in the peas, hard-boiled eggs, parsley, dill and lemon juice.
7) Divide the seafood mix among 4 individual pie dishes. Top each dish with the potato mash.
8)Transfer the dishes to a large baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes until the mash turns golden brown and the sauce starts to bubble down the sides.
9) Serve warm.