- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Portuguese Poached Fish Recipe
|Haddock fillets||1 Pound (450 Gram)|
|Onion||1 , finely chopped|
|Fresh parsley||80 Milliliter, minced (1/3 Cup)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Tarragon vinegar||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoons)|
|Tomatoes||3 Large, chopped|
Calories 317 Calories from Fat 155
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g25.8%
Saturated Fat 4.2 g20.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 34.9 mg
Sodium 484.9 mg20.2%
Total Carbohydrates 29 g9.7%
Dietary Fiber 3 g12%
Sugars 8.7 g
Protein 15 g30.2%
Vitamin A 57.1% Vitamin C 79.8%
Calcium 7.8% Iron 16.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Chop the tomatoes and onion.
2) Crush the garlic and mince the parsley.
3) In heavy pan or electric skillet, placethe fish and cover with all other ingredients.
4) Cover the pan and cook until boils.
5) Let in simmer for 10 minutes.
6) Uncover the pan, and remove the fish fillets from the sauce and keep on a serving platter.
7) Cover the fillets with foil to keep them warm.
8) On high heat cook the sauce until reduces to half.
9) Serve the hot fillets with vegetbale sauce on the top.