- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Portuguese Pilaf Recipe
|Corn oil||3 Tablespoon|
|White rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Medium, thinly sliced|
|Chicken stock||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Dried oregano||1 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Chili powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cumin||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Tabasco sauce||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
Calories 345 Calories from Fat 118
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g20.5%
Saturated Fat 1.4 g7.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 3.6 mg
Sodium 185.4 mg7.7%
Total Carbohydrates 49 g16.3%
Dietary Fiber 3 g12.2%
Sugars 4.2 g
Protein 7 g14.2%
Vitamin A 5.6% Vitamin C 9.5%
Calcium 5% Iron 11.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2) In a cured heavy iron skillet, heat the corn oil.
3) To this, add the garlic, rice and onion.
4) Cook until browned, stirring constantly.
5) In a casserole dish with a tight-fitting lid, put this rice mixture.
6) In another bowl, combine the hot chicken stock with all the remaining ingredients. Mix thoroughly.
7) To the rice mixture in the casserole, add the hot stock mixture.
8) Heat, covered, in the oven for 40 minutes.
9) Remove from the oven and let stand, covered, for 10 minutes before serving. Serve hot with any side dish of your choice.