- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Portuguese Ham And Egg Soup Recipe
|Condensed chicken with rice soup||10 1⁄2 Ounce (1 can)|
|Water||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs) (1 soup can)|
|Ham||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped, fully cooked|
|Green onions||2 , thinly sliced|
|Lemon juice||2 Teaspoon|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Ground nutmeg||3 Dash|
Calories 82 Calories from Fat 26
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g4.5%
Saturated Fat 0.84 g4.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 62 mg
Sodium 553.5 mg23.1%
Total Carbohydrates 8 g2.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.89 g3.6%
Sugars 0.3 g
Protein 5 g11%
Vitamin A 12.3% Vitamin C 6.5%
Calcium 1.2% Iron 2.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a saucepan heat soup and water according to the package directions; add ham, onions, and lemon juice.
2. Stir in the beaten egg into the hot mixture.
3. Simmer and stir till mixture is heated through, but do not boil.
4. Sprinkle lightly with nutmeg.
5. Ladle hot soup four serving bowls.
6. Serve hot with toasted bread triangle.