- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Portobello-Arugula Salad Burger- easy vegan burger Recipe Video
|Olive oil||6 Tablespoon|
|Organic cider vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Agave syrup||2 Tablespoon|
|Dijon mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1 Pinch, ground|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Baby arugula||5 Ounce|
|Carrot||1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded|
|Red onion||1⁄2 Small, sliced|
|Soy sauce||3 Tablespoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Buns||2 , toasted|
|Vegan mayonnaise||1 Tablespoon|
|Chilly sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Portobello mushroom||500 Gram|
Calories 861 Calories from Fat 569
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 65 g99.6%
Saturated Fat 8.7 g43.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1.2 mg0.4%
Sodium 1846.7 mg76.9%
Total Carbohydrates 63 g21%
Dietary Fiber 8.2 g32.6%
Sugars 25 g
Protein 14 g28.6%
Vitamin A 247.6% Vitamin C 26.8%
Calcium 25.3% Iron 27.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Pre-heat the grill at 425F.
2. For making the dressing, in a plastic container with a lid, pour olive oil, organic cider vinegar,agave syrup and a teaspoon of Dijon mustard.
3. Season with salt and pepper, cover the container and give it a good shake until everything is combined well and set it aside.
4. Scrape the insides of the mushroom and brush them with a little bit of olive oil before putting them on the grill.
5. Close the grill and let them cook uninterrupted for 5 minutes.
6. In a large bowl, place the baby arugula, add carrot, red onion, celeriac and give it a good toss.
7. Drizzle with a little bit of dressing at a time.
8. Meanwhile in a bowl, put some dark soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce and mix it well.
9. Now dredge the mushroom in the sauce and put it back on the grill for 3 minutes.
10. Assemble the burger, by slathering the vegan mayo and some chilly sauce on the toasted buns.
11. Place a slice of fresh tomato, mushroom and top it with some salad topping before covering it up with the other side of the bun.
12. Serve this yummy burger with ketchup as a snack.