- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Porridge Fruit Melange Recipe
|Apple||1 , coarsely chopped (Unpeeled)|
|Finely grated lemon rind||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Yogurt||60 Milliliter (1/4 Cup)|
|Rolled oats||150 Milliliter (2/3 Cup)|
|Water||375 Milliliter (1 1/2 Cups)|
Calories 367 Calories from Fat 55
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.9%
Saturated Fat 1.4 g7.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 3.9 mg
Sodium 14.9 mg0.6%
Total Carbohydrates 66 g22.1%
Dietary Fiber 10.2 g40.6%
Sugars 14.4 g
Protein 12 g24%
Vitamin A 1.8% Vitamin C 13%
Calcium 7.4% Iron 17.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Chop the apples and grate the lemon rind.
2) In a blender, place banana, lemon rind and apples.
3) Process the fruits on low speed until smooth.
4) In a medium saucepan, place the fruit sauce with water, oats and yogurt.
5) Boil the sauce and simmer or 5-10 minutes until oats are creamy.
6) Serve the porridge as a hearty breakfast.