- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pork Chops With Smothered Apples Recipe Video
|Apple||1⁄2 , sliced into wedges|
|Applesauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Apple butter/Cinnamon / nutmeg to taste||1 Tablespoon|
|Centre cut pork chops||2|
|Dijon mustard||4 Tablespoon|
|Powdered garlic||To Taste|
|Powdered onion||To Taste|
|Dried parsley||1 Dash|
Calories 421 Calories from Fat 188
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32.5%
Saturated Fat 6.8 g33.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 116.2 mg
Sodium 350.6 mg14.6%
Total Carbohydrates 23 g7.6%
Dietary Fiber 3.2 g12.6%
Sugars 15.9 g
Protein 35 g69.6%
Vitamin A 15.2% Vitamin C 5.9%
Calcium 3.9% Iron 7.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a pot placed over a medium heat add the apple slices.
2) Add the applesauce, applebutter, butter and a dash of salt to help the apples to break down.
3) Cover with a lid and allow to cook for about 14 to 18 minutes,
stirring occasionally. Add a little water if the mixture appears dry.
4) Pork chops - Season one side of the porkchops with salt, pepper, garlic, onion, paprika and parsely.
5) In a pan over a medium heat, add the margarine and place the pork chops in the pan with the seasoned side down.
6) Immediately repeat the seasoning on the other side.
7) Allow the pork chops to cook for 6 minutes, the flip them over and cook for another 5 to 6 minutes.
8) Just before taking out the pork chops from the pan, spread about 1 tablespoon of dijon mustard on each side.
9) Serve the pork chops immediately with the smothered apples.