- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pork with Peppers and Onions Recipe
|Whole black peppercorns||3|
|Dried thyme||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground coriander||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Boneless pork loin slices||1 1⁄2 Pound (Eight 1/2-Inch-Thick)|
|Yellow bell pepper||1 Medium|
|Red bell peppers||1 Medium|
|Yellow onions||1 Medium|
|Fruity olive oil||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Minced garlic||2 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Finely chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 444 Calories from Fat 278
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g48.3%
Saturated Fat 5.3 g26.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 65 mg
Sodium 206.4 mg8.6%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.5%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g10%
Sugars 8.5 g
Protein 24 g48.7%
Vitamin A 23.7% Vitamin C 149%
Calcium 5.1% Iron 11.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Bruise peppercorns under a flat bade chef's knife.
2) Trim off excess fat from the pork and discard. Also, peel onions and chop into 1/4 inch thick slices to measure about 2 cups.
3) Cut the lemon into 2 halves and squeeze out juice to measure about 1/4 cups.
4) Preheat the oven to 200°F.
5) In a clean bowl mix, sugar, salt, and 2 tablespoons tap water and blend well until sugar is dissolved. Now add crushed peppercorns, bay leaves, thyme, coriander, and 1 cup warm water to bowl and mix well to make marinade.
6) Place the pork slices in a glass or ceramic baking dish and pour the marinade over it. Incase, the marinade does not cover the meat properly, then add a little more warm water. Allow the meat to marinade to for about 15 minutes.
7) Meanwhile, pierce bell peppers through the top and hold them with a long two prongs fork. Hold it over the gas flame until bruised and charred. (you may use a broiler rack for the same purpose.)
8) Put the peppers in a brown bag and seal to cool. Once cooled, rinse them under cold running water to peel off the skins.
9) Pat dry peppers with paper towels and halve them and core. Chop the flesh into 1/2-inch-wide strips and arrange in single layer on shallow platter.
10) Now, sprinkle 1/2 cup olive oil over the peppers and set aside at room temperature.
11) Place a saute pan over medium heat and put 2 tablespoons of olive oil in it. Stir in onions and garlic and saute for about 2-3 minutes until browned, stirring frequently.
12) Add onions and garlic to roasted peppers and adjust the seasonings as per taste. Drizzle 2 tablespoons of lemon juice over it and toss.
13) Now drain pork and pat dry with paper towels. Arrange each pork slice between 2 sheets of waxed paper and pound to 1/4-inch thickness with meat pounder or rolling pin and drizzle salt and pepper over it.
14) Place a saute pan over medium-high heat and add 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Saute the pork slices for 3 minutes on either side. Put in onion-pepper mixture in the pan and pour the remaining lemon juice. Cook for about a minute or two.
15) Turn out the pork and vegetable on a platter and place in the preheated oven until serving time.
16) Transfer the pork slices to 4 serving plates and arrange vegetables on top. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve at once.