- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pork Tenderloin With Cider and Mustard Braised Lentils Recipe
|Olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Pork tenderloins||400 Gram, trimmed|
|Rashers streaky bacon||2 , diced|
|Leek||1⁄2 , diced|
|Carrot||1 , diced|
|Celery stick||1 , diced|
|Brown lentils||400 Gram, drained, rinsed (1 Can)|
|Thyme||2 Teaspoon, chopped|
|Whole grain mustard||2 Tablespoon|
|Cider||4 Fluid Ounce (100 Milliliter)|
|Chicken stock||9 Fluid Ounce (250 Milliliter)|
|Chopped flat leaf parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Savoy cabbage||1⁄2 , finely shredded|
|Apple sauce||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 1522 Calories from Fat 453
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 51 g78.7%
Saturated Fat 12.5 g62.6%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 150.1 mg
Sodium 478.6 mg19.9%
Total Carbohydrates 162 g54%
Dietary Fiber 72.3 g289.1%
Sugars 24 g
Protein 107 g214.5%
Vitamin A 204.8% Vitamin C 204.5%
Calcium 31% Iron 120.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Season the pork on both sides.
2) In a frying pan heat half olive oil over medium heat. Fry the pork on both sides for 5 minutes each side, until the pork becomes pink and moist at the middle. Keep it aside.
3) In a pan, heat up the remaining oil. Fry the bacon for 3 minutes.
4) Add leek, carrot and celery and sauté for about 5 minutes or until the vegetables get tender.
5) Add lentils, bay leaf, thyme, mustard, cider and stock.
6) Bring the liquid to a boil and then simmer for 10 minutes to reduce the liquid. Season properly.
7) Remove the bay leaf and blend this in pulse setting with a hand blender for 3 times. Sprinkle parsley and combine.
8) In a saucepan, pour water and bring it to a boil. Add cabbage in boiling water for about 2 minutes to wilt. Drain water and add butter and seasoning to toss.
9) Slice the pork across the grain.
10) On the serving plates, spoon lentils and top with cabbage and pork. Serve with apple sauce on side.