- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pork Tenderloin Salad with Apples and Apricots Recipe
|Unsalted butter||1 Tablespoon|
|Extra virgin olive oil||10 Tablespoon (1/2 Cup Plus 2 Tablespoons)|
|Pork tenderloin||3 Pound, trimmed|
|Apricots||4 Ounce, dried, cut into thin strips to make about 2/3 cup|
|Celery ribs||2 , thinly sliced|
|Shallots||3 Large, thinly sliced|
|Granny smith apples||6 Medium, peeled, cored and cut into 3/4-inch chunks|
|Fresh lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|White wine vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Dijon mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
Calories 627 Calories from Fat 325
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 35 g54.3%
Saturated Fat 5.8 g28.9%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 152.8 mg
Sodium 295.5 mg12.3%
Total Carbohydrates 27 g9.1%
Dietary Fiber 5.8 g23.2%
Sugars 18.7 g
Protein 48 g95.8%
Vitamin A 21.2% Vitamin C 20.5%
Calcium 3.5% Iron 15.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 450°.
2) In a large skillet, melt the butter in 1 tablespoon of the olive oil over moderately high heat.
3) Add the pork to sautÃ© by turning, until well browned all over, 7 to 10 minutes.
4) In a baking dish, transfer the pork. Place the skillet aside.
5) Place the baking dish inside the oven.
6) Roast the pork in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the tenderloin registers 150°. Let cool for 15 minutes.
7) Meanwhile, in a small heatproof bowl, cover the apricots with 1 cup of very hot water. Let stand for 15 minutes to soften.
8) In the skillet used for the pork, heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil.
9) Add the celery and shallots and cook over moderately high heat, stirring, until the shallots are softened and translucent, 2 to 3 minutes.
10) Place these in a large bowl.
11) In the skillet, add 1 tablespoon olive oil.
12) Add the apples to sautÃ© over moderately high heat, tossing frequently, until just tender, 4 to 5 minutes.
13) Add to the shallots and celery and toss well.
14) Drain the apricots and add to the bowl.
15) Slice the pork 1/4 inch thick and then cut each piece into 1/4-inch strips.
16) Add the pork slices to the apple mixture.
17) In a small bowl, add lemon juice , vinegar and any juices from the baking dish. Whisk in the mustard, salt, pepper and remaining 7 tablespoons olive oil to prepare the dressing.
18) Pour the dressing over the salad and toss well. Cover with a plastic wrap and refrigerate.
19) Sprinkle parsley and toss well before serving.