- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pork Tenderloin with Napa Cabbage and Mango Slaw Recipe Video
|For the pork and marinade:|
|Pork tenderloin||1 Medium|
|Olive oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Mexican oregano||2 Pinch, dry|
|Chili flakes||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon||1 Medium, juiced|
|Key lime||2 Small, juiced|
|For the napa cabbage & mango slaw:|
|Napa cabbage||1 Medium|
|Fuji apple||1 Medium|
|Peanuts||2 Tablespoon, roast|
|Chillies||1 Pinch, crushed|
|Lemons||2 Medium, juiced|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
Calories 2099 Calories from Fat 969
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 109 g167.9%
Saturated Fat 22.1 g110.7%
Trans Fat 0.4 g
Cholesterol 682.6 mg
Sodium 1246.3 mg51.9%
Total Carbohydrates 50 g16.7%
Dietary Fiber 9.4 g37.7%
Sugars 19.4 g
Protein 230 g459.1%
Vitamin A 58.5% Vitamin C 148.2%
Calcium 33.2% Iron 94.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) For the pork and marinade: In a bowl, add the olive oil, place the pork tenderloin, then add the dried Mexican oregano, chili flakes and chili pods.
2) In a bowl, mix lemon juice, salt and pepper. Add to the marinade mix and keep aside for at least 8 hours.
3) Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
4) Place the pork along with the marinade in the oven for about 30 minutes.
5) Remove and dry the pork tenderloin, then place in a pan with the heated olive oil. Sear the pork tenderloin for a few minutes until dark brown in colour.
6) For the Napa Cabbage & Mango Slaw: Trim, shread and season the napa cabbage and toss with the lime juice, place in a bowl.
7) Slice and add apple and mango, lemon juice oregano, peanuts, salt, pepper, olive oil. Mix well and keep aside.
8) Slice the pork, plate and serve with the Napa Cabbage & Mango Salad.