- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pork Stuffed Clams Deep Fried And Simmered Recipe
|Ginger root slice||2|
|Lean pork||1⁄2 Pound|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
|Stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1290 Calories from Fat 576
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 65 g99.6%
Saturated Fat 11.1 g55.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 319.7 mg
Sodium 2112.2 mg88%
Total Carbohydrates 55 g18.2%
Dietary Fiber 0.95 g3.8%
Sugars 5.6 g
Protein 114 g227.7%
Vitamin A 32.3% Vitamin C 113.3%
Calcium 25.6% Iron 388.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Slice ginger root; cut scallion stalk in 2-inch sections. Add to bowl along with sherry and steam as in step 3 of Basic Steamed Clams.
3. Shell clams, reserving the shells. (Reserve the clam broth for soup.)
4. Mince or grind pork together with clam meat. Blend in cornstarch, soy sauce, salt and remaining sherry.
5. Stuff mixture into half-shells. Blend the second quantity of cornstarch to a paste with water; then, with fingertips, rub paste over the stuffing to coat. (This will seal in the mixture.)
6. Heat oil. Carefully lower in clams, stuffing-side up, a few at a time. Deep-fry, basting with hot oil, until golden. Drain on paper toweling.
7. Combine stock, sugar and remaining soy sauce; then bring to a boil, stirring. Add stuffed clams and simmer, covered, 20 minutes.
8. Blend remaining cornstarch and cold water to a paste. Transfer clams to a warm serving platter, leaving liquids in pan. Stir in cornstarch paste to thicken; then pour sauce over clams and serve.