- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pork Sisig (Porky Ear) - Filipino Style Pig Ears Recipe Video
|Pig ears||4 Large|
|Chicken liver||1 Kilogram|
|Minced garlic||2 Tablespoon|
|Bay leaf||3 Medium|
|Black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Red chilies||1 Teaspoon|
|Green chilies||2 Tablespoon|
|Minced ginger||1 Teaspoon|
|Chopped onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Green onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 480 Calories from Fat 234
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g40%
Saturated Fat 6.5 g32.6%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 891 mg
Sodium 1220.9 mg50.9%
Total Carbohydrates 12 g4.1%
Dietary Fiber 2.8 g11.3%
Sugars 2.6 g
Protein 48 g95.6%
Vitamin A 571.2% Vitamin C 149.9%
Calcium 7.6% Iron 133%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Pressure cook the pig ears with garlic, bay leaves and peppercorns for 15 minutes.
2. Boil the chicken liver in water for 7 minutes with salt added in.
3. Once the livers are boiled, mash them with a fork and set aside.
4. Once the pig ears are cooked, drain and set them aside.
5. Grill them on an open flame til they are nice and crispy on the outside with charred grill marks.
6. Using scissors cut them into small pieces.
7. In a bowl, take the mashed chicken liver and the pig ear bits.
8. Add the chopped red onions,ginger, green and red chilies.
9. Season with salt and pepper and add in the mayonnaise.
10.Sprinkle in the lemon juice.
11.Mix everything up thoroughly.
12.Plate it and sprinkle the green onions on it and serve with a wedge of lemon on the side.