- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Summer Special Pork Shogayaki Recipe Video
|Pork loin slices||7 Ounce (4 1/5 Inch Thick Pieces, 200 Grams)|
|Sesame oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Wheat flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|For ginger sauce|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Grated ginger||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Grated garlic||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|For side vegetables|
|Cabbage||3 1⁄2 Ounce (100 Grams)|
Calories 320 Calories from Fat 142
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.7%
Saturated Fat 3.1 g15.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 31.7 mg
Sodium 277.1 mg11.5%
Total Carbohydrates 29 g9.8%
Dietary Fiber 5.1 g20.2%
Sugars 2.8 g
Protein 16 g31.9%
Vitamin A 1.5% Vitamin C 19.8%
Calcium 3.6% Iron 10.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Peel the firm skin around the stem.
3. Salt the okra to remove the fuzz.
4. Immerse the salted okra in boiling water.
5. Cook for about 10 seconds, remove and place on a metal sieve. Use a paper fan to cool down okra faster.
6. Cut the firm part of the cabbage.
7. Cut the cabbage leaf into 3 inch pieces.
8. Pile them up and shred the cabbage.
9. Serve the cabbage in a plate.
10. Cut the boiled okra diagonally and serve beside cabbage.
11. To make ginger seasoning, add sake, soy sauce, mirin and sugar in a small bowl.
12. Grate the ginger and garlic clove.
13. Add to the mirin sauce and mix together.
14. To prepare the pork slices, trim off the excess fat from the pork loin slices using kitchen shears.
15. Make cuts in the tough stringy part between the lean meat and the fat.
16. Sprinkle pepper on one side of the pork slices.
17. Lightly dust with flour using a pastry brush.
18. Flip over the pork slices and dust with flour.
19. Heat sesame oil over medium heat. Place the pork slices in the pan. Be careful not to overlap the slices.
20. To make tender and juicy Shogayaki, cook the pork in a short time.
21. When they are almost cooked flip them over.
22. Immediately after the other side is brown, pour in the ginger seasoning sauce.
23. Put the sauce directly over the heated surface to evaporate the alcohol easily.
24. Swirl the pan and coat the pork with ginger sauce.
25. Simmer until the sauce thickens, flip the pork again and they are ready to eat.
26. Serve the pork Shogayaki in the plate along with the cabbage and okra. Finally pour the remaining sauce.