- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pork Schnitzel (cutlets) Recipe Video
|Lean pork||1 Pound (from the loin or leg)|
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ground black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Dry bread crumbs||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Canola oil/Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon||1 , cut into wedges|
Calories 910 Calories from Fat 287
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g49.6%
Saturated Fat 10.4 g52.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 277.6 mg92.5%
Sodium 2473.8 mg103.1%
Total Carbohydrates 89 g29.8%
Dietary Fiber 6 g23.9%
Sugars 4.3 g
Protein 64 g127.8%
Vitamin A 7.1% Vitamin C 41.5%
Calcium 17.6% Iron 50.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Cut pork into 4 equal pieces.
2. On a dampened plastic film, place pork slice. Cover it with another plastic, and pound it into a 5-6 inch thin layer.
3. Lay out three plates. On the 1st plate combine all purpose flour, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
4. In a bowl, whisk egg and milk. Pour it on the 2nd plate.
5. On the 3rd plate, lay breadcrumbs.
6. Now, coat pork piece first with flour, then dip it in egg wash, and finally with breadcrumbs.
7. In a large skillet, heat butter and canola oil until butter begins to foam. Place pork slices on it and cook until schnitzels brown on both sides. Work in batches, do not overcrowd the skillet.
8. Squeeze fresh lemon, and serve schnitzel with tartar sauce.