- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pork Sausage Galantine Hot And Cold Recipe
|Bacon rashers||4 Ounce|
|Onion||1 , finely chopped|
|Pork sausage meat||1 Pound|
|White breadcrumbs||1 Ounce|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon (Leveled), chopped|
|Mixed herbs||1 Pinch|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Dry mustard||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
Calories 919 Calories from Fat 647
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 72 g110.6%
Saturated Fat 24.1 g120.6%
Trans Fat 0.5 g
Cholesterol 269.2 mg
Sodium 1861.3 mg77.6%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.8%
Sugars 4.6 g
Protein 50 g99.3%
Vitamin A 18.4% Vitamin C 24.5%
Calcium 8.2% Iron 22.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Snip away the rind of the bacon and chop the bacon finely.
2) Saute the bacons and onion together till they are quite soft.
3) Add to the sausage meat, along with the breadcrumbs, parsley, mixed herbs, chutney, Worcestershire sauce, mustard and seasoning.
4) Add the egg and just enough water or stock to mix and achieve and fairly soft consistency.
5) Into a lightly greased 1 1/2=-pint pudding basin, pack the concoction and cover it with double layers of greased greaseproof or kitchen foil. Gently steam for about 2 hours.
6) With fresh paper, cover the remainder, top with a saucer as well as a heavy weight. Leave overnight till the preparation is quite cold.
7) Serve as preferred.