- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pork Satay Recipe
|Boneless pork loin||1 Pound|
|Scallions||4 , minced (3 Inches Green Left On)|
|Fresh ginger||1 Tablespoon, minced peeled|
|Garlic||2 Teaspoon, minced|
|Indonesian soy sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lime||1 , squeezed and zest finely grated|
|Cumin||1⁄2 Teaspoon, ground|
|Kacang saus/Peanut sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (As Required, For Dipping)|
Calories 261 Calories from Fat 83
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g14.3%
Saturated Fat 2.8 g14.2%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 89.6 mg
Sodium 1892.7 mg78.9%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g3.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.7%
Sugars 1.1 g
Protein 34 g67.1%
Vitamin A 3.2% Vitamin C 9.8%
Calcium 3.7% Iron 11.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Dice the pork into 3/4-inch pieces.
2) In a mixing bowl, mix together rest of the ingredients except the saus kacang.
3) Mix in pork, tossing it well and keep it aside, covered at room temperature for 2 hours.
4) In the meantime, cover 24 thin bamboo skewers, 3 to 4 inches long, with water for 1 hour.
5) Preheat the broiler.
6) On each skewer, fasten 3 pieces of marinated pork, allowing a small space between the pieces.
7) Arrange the skewers on a broiling pan and broil for about 3 minutes per side, keeping the meat 4 inches away from the heat source, basting and turning once, until the pork pieces are just browned and cooked well.
8) Serve the meat hot or warm with a bowl of saus kacang (peanut sauce) for dipping.