- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pork Ribs and Corn on the Cob Soup Recipe Video
|Pork ribs||500 Gram|
|Pork stock cube||1 Large|
|Sweetcorn cobs||2 Large, halved|
|Potatoes||200 Gram, sliced|
|Cabbage||200 Gram, shredded|
|Onion||1 Large, sliced|
|Ginger||2 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Green onion||4 Tablespoon, sliced in 1-inch (about 4 stems)|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (or to taste)|
|Cracked black pepper||1⁄2 Gram (or to taste)|
Calories 484 Calories from Fat 146
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g25%
Saturated Fat 5.5 g27.5%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 92.5 mg
Sodium 591.6 mg24.6%
Total Carbohydrates 59 g19.6%
Dietary Fiber 8.8 g35.3%
Sugars 11.7 g
Protein 32 g64.6%
Vitamin A 21% Vitamin C 87.6%
Calcium 8.9% Iron 18.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. The meat and vegetables must be washed thoroughly.
2. Blanch the pork meat in boiling water for 30 seconds to 1 minute (This is done to take-out the unpleasant smell of the meat). Do not dip for too long. Drain the meat and set aside. Discard the water.
3. Add 2 liters of water into a stock pot and add the pork meat. Add the pork stock cube. Bring to a boil.
4. When boiling, add the ginger and onion. Simmer for 20 minutes or until meat is tender.
5. Add the sweet corn and simmer for another 5 minutes.
6. Add the potatoes, salt and pepper. Cook for 5-10 minutes or until potatoes are sof.
7. Add the cabbage and simmer for 30 seconds. Do not over-cooked the cabbage.
8. Lastly, add the green onions before serving.
9. Ladle the vegetables, pork corn and broth into large bowls.
10. Serve with crusty bread or with rice.