- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pork Normandy and Braised Veggies Recipe Video
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Carrots||2 , peeled and sliced|
|Apple||1 , peeled and diced|
|Apple cider||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Fresh thyme||3 Tablespoon|
Calories 415 Calories from Fat 218
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g37.6%
Saturated Fat 8.4 g42.1%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 94.3 mg
Sodium 269.4 mg11.2%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.5%
Dietary Fiber 6.7 g26.6%
Sugars 14.2 g
Protein 26 g51.1%
Vitamin A 229.9% Vitamin C 71.8%
Calcium 13.9% Iron 28.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Season the pork chops with salt and pepper.
2. In a hot skillet add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and the seasoned pork chops and sear on both sides. Once done, set aside to rest.
3. In another pan, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil along with the sliced carrots and cook.
4. Add the garlic, chicken stock and thyme and cook. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
5. In the skillet used for the pork chops, add butter, diced apples and apple cider and cook until almost reduced.
6. Finish with some cream and stir well.
7. Plate the carrots with the pork chop on top. Pour a generous amount of the apple sauce over and serve.