- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pork Medaillons With Kiwi Recipe
|Pork tenderloin||3 Pound|
|Dijon mustard||2 Tablespoon|
|Butter||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Beef broth||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Dry white wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Tarragon||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Whipping cream/Half and half||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), peeled|
Calories 723 Calories from Fat 459
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 52 g79.3%
Saturated Fat 30.5 g152.6%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 290.8 mg
Sodium 642.5 mg26.8%
Total Carbohydrates 5 g1.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.27 g1.1%
Sugars 3.5 g
Protein 49 g97.3%
Vitamin A 15.2% Vitamin C 1%
Calcium 7.4% Iron 15.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 200°F (100°C).
2) Spread mustard on one side of the sliced pork tenderloin.
3) In a large heavy skillet , place the pork in the melted butter with the mustard side down.
4) Season with salt, lower the heat and cook for 5 minutes on each side.
5) Remove and place on a warm serving dish and place in the warm oven.
6) In the same skillet with the drippings, stir in the beef broth, wine and tarragon.
7) Allow to simmer for 2 minutes until the liquid is reduced.
8) Stir in the cream and simmer until the sauce is thickened.
9) Arrange the pork medallions and kiwi slices on a serving platter, pour over the sauce and serve immediately.