- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pork Loin Chops in Tomato Mushroom Sauce with Polenta Recipe
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon, divided|
|Pork loin chops||4|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), chopped|
|Fennel seeds||1 Tablespoon|
|Fresh mushrooms||1⁄2 Pound, sliced|
|Canned whole peeled tomatoes with juice||28 Ounce (2 Cans Of 14 Ounce Each, Undrained)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sage||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Freshly ground black peppercorns||1 Teaspoon|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon, finely grated (Or As Required)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Polenta/Very coarsely ground cornmeal||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 456 Calories from Fat 193
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g33.4%
Saturated Fat 6.1 g30.4%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 83.3 mg
Sodium 1168.5 mg48.7%
Total Carbohydrates 32 g10.7%
Dietary Fiber 7.5 g30.2%
Sugars 7.3 g
Protein 33 g65.8%
Vitamin A 30% Vitamin C 53.8%
Calcium 27.9% Iron 23.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Lightly season the pork chops with salt and pepper to taste.
2) In a large heavy pot, heat 1 tablespoon oil over a medium-high heat.
3) Sear the pork chops in the heated oil on both sides for about 2 to 3 minutes per side, until browned.
4) Remove the pork chops from the pot and keep aside.
5) In the same pot, saute the onion, garlic and fennel seeds in rest of the 1 tablespoon oil, until the onion is translucent.
6) Stir in the mushrooms and saute 2 to 3 minutes, until thoroughly cooked.
7) Stir in the tomatoes with juice, water, sage, salt to taste or up to 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon fresh ground black peppercorns.
8) Bring the liquid to a boil and simmer over a low heat for 30 minutes.
9) Break up the tomatoes into pieces with a spoon while cooking so that the sauce is chunky.
10) Add the seared pork chops into the simmering sauce.
11) Cover the pot and simmer fro 10 to 15 minutes until the pork is cooked but still slightly pink in the center.
12) Then stir in the chopped parsley.
13) Polenta: In a large saucepan, bring the water and salt to a boil over medium-high heat.
14) Pour in the polenta in a steady stream while whisking vigorously.
15) Bring the polenta to a boil, then simmer over a low heat for about 30 minutes, stirring frequently.
16) Cover the polenta and keep warm.
17) Spoon the pork chops and sauce over the polenta, sprinkle with the grated Parmesan cheese and serve the Pork Loin Chops in Tomato Mushroom Sauce with Polenta immediately.