- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pork Kebabs with Prunes and Chestnuts Recipe
|Pork fillet||1 Pound, trimmed (500 Gram)|
|Prunes||24 , pitted|
|Olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Rosemary sprigs||2 , leaves stripped from the stalks, then chopped|
|Chestnuts||24 , roasted, dried or vacuum-packed|
Calories 491 Calories from Fat 184
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g31.9%
Saturated Fat 2.3 g11.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 101.3 mg4.2%
Total Carbohydrates 43 g14.4%
Dietary Fiber 4.4 g17.7%
Sugars 14.5 g
Protein 24 g48.4%
Vitamin A 4.3% Vitamin C 0.6%
Calcium 1.4% Iron 2.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Make 1.5 cm / 1/4 inch pieces out of the pork and place in a bowl with prunes.
2. In a jug, mix the Cognac, oil and rosemary and pour over the meat.
3. Toss to coat and marinate overnight with cover in the refrigerator.
4. Soak dried chestnuts in cold water overnight if using, drain and treat as fresh.
5. In a small pan boil the chestnuts with cold water, then lower the heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes, such that tender.
6. Drain, rinse well in cold water and drain again.
7. Using a slotted spoon take out the meat with the prunes from the marinade and on to skewers thread them alternating with the chestnuts.
8. Stuff the chestnuts into each prune If they are too soft to skewer.
9. Into a small jug pour the marinade and set aside.
10. On an oiled barbecue grill over hot coals cook the skewers for about 10-12 minutes, turning frequently and basting with the marinade.
11. Season and serve.